We invite all of our 2016-2017 outdoor school students and their families to Jawbone Flats for the very first Outdoor School Open House Day! Let your child show you what they learned and why Opal Creek is special to them.
- Enjoy a leisurely 3-mile walk in to Jawbone Flats
- Company store open from 10am – 3pm – come chat with Megan or Grace about your day
- Scavenger hunt – fun for all ages!
- Take a tour of Jawbone Flats, a renovated 1930s mining town (to be scheduled according to demand)
- Bring along a picnic lunch to eat in the meadow or inside our lodge
- And finally, join our US Forest Service Detroit district rangers for an educational talk on wilderness at 1 PM
No RSVP necessary–just hike on in and say hello! Driving directions here.